To My Freshmen Self

Wednesday, December 21, 2016


Hey all!

Since I am done with the semester I thought I would reflect on this semester compared to my freshmen year. Honestly my freshmen year was a cakewalk compared to this semester. But there are definitely things I would want to change if I had the chance or even just be better informed of when I was 18 and just starting my college experience. Here are some things I wish I would have known my freshmen year:


1) I wish I would have known more about financial aid. I feel like a lot of freshmen get FAFSA and don't know how to use it or they don't realize they need to pay back the loans that they are given after they graduate. The more loans you take out the more debt you could be in. So being just a little more educated in what loans you are signing up for could really save you in the long run. The people over at Earnest are really helpful if you need help refinancing a loan, or if you're eligible to receive one. I definitely recommend checking them out if you are looking for loans are receiving more information on what type of loans to apply for!

2) Your grades really do matter. Even though you might want to go out on the weekend with friends during the week you have to make the time to study. Because if you don't want to be in debt with loans then there is always scholarships you can apply for. And the more you study the better grades you will have and the more scholarships you will receive.

3) Sleep and and a free workout center is your best friend. I can't tell you how many times I found myself sleeping in the library, practice room, or in a chair in between classes because I didn't get enough sleep at night. I also had free access to the workout center on my campus. I wish I would have gone there more often to let off steam during my free time. Getting plenty of sleep at night and working out keeps you happy and healthy and I was definitely tired and cranky most of the time.

4) Eat all of your meals. I know that it is easy to just skip a meal but don't forget that you have a meal plan and you're paying for all the meals and when you skip those meals then you're wasting your money. I know that not all cafeteria food is great but it saves you money from eating out since you are already paying for those meals.

5) Go to more sporting events. I know I said that studying and getting good grades is important but so is making sure you didn't miss out on some great memories. Do you wanna go to college and not have any stories to tell to your family or friends? Going to your schools basketball game or football game will be some of the coolest things you'll go to on campus.

Overall don't forget that college is suppose to be some of the best experiences of your life! Go out with friends, stay out late (sometimes), laugh until you cry, tailgate before the game, make tons of friends, and make the most of your time. Studying and getting good grades are so important so don't lose sight of your degree and dreams but also don't forget to have fun and make some memories.

Thank you for reading!

xoxo,
Malori







Shirt- Rue21+// Leggings- Charlotte Russe+// Flats- Old Navy//
Necklace- Francescas// Clutch- DSW// Watch- Buckle//

1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan