One Night Abroad

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hey all!

Long time no see! I hope people are still reading my blog. I apologize for not posting more often. Between school, technology issues and personal matters a lot has happened in the past few weeks.

Including being given an opportunity to write a post for a company called: Smartling. It is an online translation technology company and they love languages, traveling, fashion and different types of culture. They love my blog so much they asked for me to share an outfit worn to a place of my choosing, what food I would eat and etc.

If I could go anywhere in the world I would love to visit Venice, Italy. Not only is the language beautiful but I have always been fascinated by their culture and food and even the architecture. The restaurant I would want to visit is Antiche Carampane. It is considered one of the oldest trattorias(simple restaurant) in the city. They have traditional cooking, serve fresh fish, and handmade pastries. Sounds like a good authentic Italian restaurant to me!


Something I read up on about Venice is the people there really like politeness. Including what you dress. you can actually receive a fine from wearing beachwear through the town. Showing skin like wearing no shirts is a sign of disrespect. So I took that into consideration. 






Crop Top- Forever 21+// Skirt- Forever 21+// Wedges- Target//
Necklace- Rue 21// Lipstick- Maybelline (Shocking Coral)

I wanted to wear something very fashionable but in a way reflected Italy. My skirt I think says it all. It has this amazing design and captures the essence of how breathtaking Italy is with it's crystal blue water and beautiful sunsets. Great for walking around the town in and go to a nice dinner!

I am horrible at charades so as for the language barrier? I am glad I have my handy dandy iPhone. Where I can just pull up Smartling on the fly!  Their software translates websites and apps to make translations easier and more convenient . It really is a great website and breaks that language barrier that too many of us would have over seas.

I hope that you guys enjoyed this post because I know I had fun writing about it!

Visit Smartling here: http://www.smartling.com/ 

Enjoy!

xoxo,
Malori





1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan