Project Confidence

Friday, August 18, 2017

Hey all!

Today's post is gonna be a little more personal than most. I came across Dia&Co talking about confidence and stepping out of your comfort zone by trying fashion styles you might be too afraid of.

Dia&Co is a monthly subscription service box where you get a curated box of fashionable clothes from a stylist that works with you to cater to your specific style! Not only do they challenge each other and their clients to not feel like they are stuck in a box of certain clothing they are allowed to wear, they have challenged me as well. I decided to share with you an outfit that is outside of my comfort zone.

When facing my fashion fears and wearing something that I might be too afraid of I couldn't think of anything at first. It is rare for me to find a clothing trend I don't try because I don't think I can rock it. But when I thought about it some more I realized that there is a lot I haven't tried or that I won't because it might make other people stare at me in a way that is judgmental.

When I was in high school I would never wear something like this let alone buy it from a store. I wore the same 5/6 styles of clothing and I never wore anything too revealing until maybe this past year. I would wear anything that hid my curves and was flowy or baggy enough to not show my stomach. The older I got the more daring my style has become and the more my confidence has grown because of testing my own limits of what makes me comfortable.

I chose to wear something really form fitting. That hugs all my curves that I used to hate but I now have accepted them as a part of me and want to show them off proudly! I found this dress from GS Lovesme and knew it was perfect with this post. It is off the shoulder which is great because I love my shoulders. I paired it with a statement necklace, agate stone bracelet, and some fun tassel earrings. I pulled my hair back because my shoulders were the focus and put on some laser cut heels to finish the whole outfit.

I really enjoyed doing this post and hope to do more like this in the future!

xoxo,
Malori













Dress- GS Love// Heels- Target// Bracelet- Charming Charlie//
Earrings- Sugarfix{Bauble Bar}// Necklace- Francesca's//

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan